22 June 2010

My First Drop Zone Experience

Maria Del Mar Gonzalez
19 June 2010 -

I am super excited to be part of the group going to dive and surf in Fiji. It is like a dream made into a reality. Being on a trip with three other people that surf and dive with good vibes is amazing. I have been surfing for many years and I just started to dive, but doing these two things on the same trip is one of the best experiences of my life.

Fiji is a tropical island with warm water, colorful reefs and beautiful sunsets. Our first day at Fiji, it was not looking that tropical. It was cloudy, raining and not warm enough. Second day, we went surf to Wilks and it was too windy and a little cloudy. Between all, it was fun and nice because I was with cool friends and, of course, I need to have fun. I am in Fiji! After our surf session we went diving. Diving in Fiji is super excited because the colorful reefs and its sea life are in abundance.

Third day, we went to surf one of the best waves of the world, Cloudbreak. It is an incredible wave, where you can have the best surf session of your life. It was a sunny day and we were just four people at the break point. Surfing Cloudbreak with Holly, Cheyne and Alex really pushed me to go for the best waves. After this session we went to Tavarua, one of the most beautiful islands in the world. It’s not easy to get to this island - we are super lucky to have this great opportunity. Once we were there, none of us want to leave. This island has white sand, a lot of palm trees and clear water. I come from an island, but Tavarua has all my admiration. It is for sure an amazing place. If you have the opportunity to come to Fiji, don’t think about it twice, just go, enjoy it and have a lot of fun!

1 comment:

  1. BULA Maria, I am so happy you had a great time in my Fiji Islands, I was born and raised in Fiji. Now in San Francisco, CA. Thanks for your support. www.FijiWheelChairs.com is my way to help Fiji. Chet

    ReplyDelete